It's time to prune, y'all!Late winter and early spring are the perfect time to begin pruning in many regions. Here are some tips and a list of common shrubs and trees to prune in late winter or early spring.
- Prune on a mild, dry day.
- Prune out dead and diseased branches.
- Increase light and air at the crown of the tree by removing the overgrown and smaller branches.
- Keep the branches that develop or maintain the structure of the tree.
- Cut branches at the point at which one branch or twig attaches to another.